★•.•´¯`•.•★Campground Reviews★•.•´¯`•.•★

click above link to visit our campground reviews

Friday, December 5, 2008

~~~Turkey Leftovers~~~

Good Morning Glitter Graphics

Thank you one & all for your support for my honey's well being... I really can't tell you how much it meant to me... I am so glad I have come to Blogland...


My honey was sad because he didn't have any leftovers from Thanksgiving... So I went out and bought a 12 pound Turkey to cook for him... Now I have never cooked a BIG bird in Tassie's little kitchen (and believ me it is very small) but I wanted to make him happy since he was facing a rough week with his surgery... I must say the bird came out picture perfect so I guess I'll be cooking them in here from now on... We had our little After Thanksgiving Meal and it was very good... not as much food... just Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatos, Gravy and Corn... Now he was a happy camper... Plenty of leftovers for us to eat... & eat....&eat


So I always do Turkey Soup and a few other dishes with the leftovers... I wanted to share this one with you that we really love.... I hope you give it a try... It calls for chicken and is really very good with either...

Chicken Vegetable Casserole

This recipe works wonders with leftover turkey too! It’s a great quick-and-easy entree to make when you have company. It can be made ahead and then just bake when your guest are there. I always get compliments when I serve it! This dish is delish... and look at me... great lessons on posting from my buddy Sweet Dot at Picket's Place ... If you haven't visited her go now... you will not be disappointed

SERVINGS: 6

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:
In a small bowl, cream butter and sour cream until smooth. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sage; add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and onion. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese.


Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings

I hope you enjoyed this recipe.... We love it... Tomorrow Turkey Stew


Until Later

Hugs And Kisses
Cooking Dinner

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning, Sweetness! Now aren't you the most precious little wife doing all of this for Ralphie! Your bird did turn out beautifully! Love the recipe, too! Have you noticed how fat I'm getting? I'm been trying out so many recipes from blogland and eating them!!
Thanks for the vist!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Buffie said...

So glad to hear Ralph is doing ok after sugery! Why does this stuff always seem to happen around the holidays? Anyway you are TOO sweet to make him another Thankgiving dinner, what a lucky guy!

Buffie :)

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Good Morning!! Your blog is looking so.. beautiful!! What a sweet wife you are to do something so special for your handsome man. The turkey and casserole look very yummy. Have a great day!!
Hugs, Terrie

SmilingSally said...

lol I thought that I was the only one who did things like this. Ever since my DIL has been cooking the Thanksgiving turkey, I've been having a turkey breast the day after so that Johnny and I can enjoy turkey sandwiches!

bj said...

I am so thankful hubby is doing well.
That turkey is just beautiful..I am in awe of you that you do all this great cooking in such a tiny space. I am going to try your recipe soon. You are such a sweetie to make him this turkey...
I tried to email you but couldn't get it to work...anyway, the Chef Santa is from Hobby lobby...and I use PHOTOSCAPE for my pictures...you will love it.
have a blessed day,
bj

cindy said...

Oh my goodness! That looks really good. I have some fussies at our house who wont eat vegetables..but maybe I can slip it by him....mushrooms either...wont touch em. We didnt get turkey on Thanksgiving and by 8pm we were both jonesing for a turkey sandwich so I made a turkey breast the next day too. Thanks for the recipe. cindy

Kristen said...

Looks so good and a I have some left over turkey in the freezer. I printed the recipe and will be making this this weekend.
Thanks for the tip

Dawn Marie said...

that does look so good! I'm going to cook another turkey because we had no meat left.

I'm glad your hubby got his turkey meal, I know what he means about not having it--its just a meal we so look forward to once a year.

Tardevil said...

That does sound good, Donna! Yum...now my pb&j for lunch isn't looking so good.

Anonymous said...

I am so hungry for turkey after looking at your bird! There were only 3 of us this year so I cooked turkey breasts but I made two so we could have a second after Thanksgiving dinner. It was as good as the first.

I make the Campbell's soup company's variation of your casserole with noodles but the crust sounds good! I'm going to try it next time I make the casserole. Thanks!

Baba said...

Hi Donna, your turkey looks so good.. that is the only problem when we eat at other people's houses for Thanksgiving.. no left overs..You are making me hungry for turkey..I may cook a turkey breast this week-end..thanks for the other recipe too!!!
Enjoy your week-end with Ralph.
Hugs, Baba

Bo said...

Wow Donna...That turkey does look picture perfect...Your Tassie sure knows how to cook...that casserole looks like my kind of dish-- all in one..yum! ;-) Bo

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

Hi Donna,

I would love to be able to pack it up into a motor home and travel! my Husband and I have both joked that we wouldn't give the kids our itinerary!

Excited to have you as a new blog friend! Thank you for following me, and I look forward to your adventures as well.... :-)

Ho, Ho,
Cathleen

Bridget said...

I'm all teary eyed at that! You are so sweet! Ralphie is lucky to have you!

The Muse said...

Mr Ralph is most loved :) (I dare say!)

Ginger said...

Donna your turkey looks so good. You must have a pretty good size oven in Tassie to fit a turkey in.
Our leftovers have been gone for awhile. I might have to cook another turkey breast so we can have turkey sandwiches again.
Hope Ralph is feeling better. With a sweet wife like you, taking care of him, he is bound to feel better!!!
Ginger

Sharon said...

That bird looks delicious! Our motorhome doesn't even have an oven; it has one of those convection/microwaves and I don't think a 12 lb turkey would even fit in it. I'm so glad you were able to fix hubby a nice Thanksgiving meal with leftovers. When all is said an done, it is the simple pleasures of life that are the best.

squawmama said...

Hey Sharon... Thanks for coming by... Yes I did cook the Turkey in the Microwave/Convection Oven... Living in it full time you learn really fast how to use it... LOL Mine did hold a 12 pounder... I was surprised too...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Oooh that turkey looks soo good! I was thinking of buying just a turkey breast this Christmas but you changed my mind!

Your turkey dinner sounded so yumm and so does the csserole, easy too!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Donna I am so glad to hear Ralph is doing so much better and great looking turkey girl!! we did get left over either and Len been bugging me about making him a Turkey...I'll just send him your way...have a great day dear friend..hugs and smiles Gloria

nikkicrumpet said...

You're such a good wife making him a turkey so he can have leftovers! And you cooked all the good stuff...who needs all the other dishes when you can have the basics...YUM!

Sue said...

Donna your turkey looks great, is that a big fat hunk of stuffing coming outta the front?? All crispy and yummy, Oh my favorite part of the turkey!! LOL! Sounds like a fab feast and your casserole looks like it came straight from Dots kitchen! xo

Anonymous said...

Well, that turkey looks like it turned great, I was wondering how that would work out.

Hugs,
Chris

Bridget said...

I have an award for you! : )

Deb said...

Hi Donna! It sure looks good! Your first time turkey looks good too! I made my husband a turkey hash with our leftover turkey, it turned out pretty good too. But after that he was done with turkey and I had to get over my leftover breaks, and get back to work. LOL!!! Deb

Jill said...

Donna I am going to keep both of you in my prayers!!!! That was so sweet of you to make him a turkey! I just asked my mom to do the same for me because I had Gianna on my lap the whole Thanksgiving dinner and I really couldn't enjoy my meal! Man! I am really in the mood for it now!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! I am so glad that you DH is doing well. Your recipe looks so good. I think I will add this to the menu this week, thank you.

Carole Burant said...

I'm finally catching up with all your news...good to hear that your hubby's procedure went well and that although he has other blockages, nothing to worry about for now!! What a wonderful wife you are, cooking the turkey for him...it looks perfect, wish I could have been there for some of it:-)

That casserole looks absolutely yummy and I'll be printing off the recipe to try it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us:-) xoxo

Photobucket

Get your mamogram & check up today... Early detection saved my life....

breast_cancer_survivor

My Awards