★•.•´¯`•.•★Campground Reviews★•.•´¯`•.•★

click above link to visit our campground reviews

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

~~~~Christmas Morning Breakfast~~~~


I will be going to my daughters over the next two days to help prepare for Christmas... May the warmest smiles, the sweetest dreams, and the happiest heart be yours at Christmas and always. Merry Christmas my friends

I have always made some kind of special breakfast for my family on Christmas morning... I have many wonderful casserole recipes that I have made for years... Several years ago a dear friend of mine gave me this recipe for Baked French Toast. It is fairly easy to prepare and the best part is in the morning you just stick it in the oven and bake it while you are opening presents... My Step grandsons love this breakfast and they are very picky eaters... So I decided to share it with you all...

Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup

1 Loaf french bread (13 to 16 ozs)
8 large eggs
2 cups half & half
1 cup milk
2 TBS. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash salt
Praline Topping
Maple Syrup

Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (Use any extra bread for garlic toast or bread crumbs). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices.

In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.

Praline Topping:

½ pound (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 TBS. light corn syrup
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.

The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40-60 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.





Until Later

Hugs And Kisses


Merry Christmas Santa

11 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Donna, this sound delicious! Thank you so much for sharing it. If I can get someone to go to the grocery store for me tomorrow, I may try this Christmas morning too! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas. Love ya, laurie

Anonymous said...

I'll copy this into my Blogland folder, it sounds so good. I'm having a brunch next Sunday for the family, it'll be perfect for that.

Love Ya,
Chris

Blogger said...

Merry Christmas, Donna!!!

xoxo
Bella
PS: That Christmas card with the elderly couple is a hoot!

Lin said...

OH YUMMMMMYYYY!!! The grands arrive in 4 hours -- let the fun begin! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS, DONNA!

Jerry and Suzy said...

Donna, as I said yesterday, we must have a mutual friend. That French toast recipe is very similar to one we received (except the one we got didn't have that delightful-sounding praline topping!). And yes, it is delicious. Since we are only two in this motorhome, no family coming, we have to cut the recipe in half and even then we eat it for two days. We don't mind that a bit!

Love and Christmas blessings to you and all your followers!

Carole Burant said...

Thank you so much for sharing that recipe, it sounds delicious!! May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through! Merry Christmas to you and yours, dear Donna! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Evening, Dear One - I pray you'll have the most wonderful Christmas with your family!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you and your Family Donna!!! I am so happy that your Daughter Graduated!!!!! (Tell her Congrats from me!)

Merry Christmas my Dear Friend!!!!

Miss you Much!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Donna Marie

Bridget said...

ROFLMAO at the joke at the bottom of this post.
I hope you are having a Very Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Bridget

Proud Italian Cook said...

Ooooh, that praline topping sounds awesome! Glad you had a wonderful holiday, I'll stop by and say Hi to your daughter.
Hugs, Marie

Sweetie said...

Donna, Your recipe sounds delicious. My grandson can eat eight pieces of French toast at a time. I'm going to try this on him.
Sweetie

Photobucket

Get your mamogram & check up today... Early detection saved my life....

breast_cancer_survivor

My Awards