★•.•´¯`•.•★Campground Reviews★•.•´¯`•.•★

click above link to visit our campground reviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Human Body Facts...pretty neat!

Hello my fellow blogging girlfriends ..... I may not be on for a day or so... It all depends on the outcome tomorrow. My Mr. Adventure went for a stress test last week and even though he studied really hard he still failed it... So tomorrow (Thursday) he is going in for a cardio catherization to see how much blockage there is. He already has 5 stints and I am hoping they can fix what is wrong with another stint or two... He has the worst kind of heart disease... the kind that sneaks up and does you in... no symptoms whatsoever... lucky for us a regular check up stress test about 5 years ago found his damage... so they do keep a close eye on him.


I guess I'll get plenty of time to read my new book "NEW MOON" the continuation of Twilight... I read Gollums "American Pie" in 2 days... couldn't put it down. If you haven't read it please do... It was fantastic... I am now waiting on her "Mermaids in the Basement" to come in. I had to order it because I couldn't find it in my local bookstore.

Ok friends... please keep Mr. Adventure in your thoughts... I will let you know what the outcome is... Thanks for being my friends... Love you all



~~~Here are some fun facts for you to ponder while I am out~~~

1.. Scientists say the higher your I.Q. The more you dream. (Did you dream last night?)

2.. The largest cell in the human body is the female egg. (Not surprised)

3.. The smallest is the male sperm. (No comment)

4.. You use 200 muscles to take one step. (Wow)

5.. The average woman is 5 inches shorter than the average man. (OK)

6.. Your big toes have two bones each while the rest have three. (Why?)

7.. A pair of human feet contain 250,000 sweat glands. (That explains the stinky feet, huh)

8.. A full bladder is roughly the size of a soft ball. (Hummm.. I think mine is more like a basketball)

9.. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades. (I believe it!)

10.. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica. (Why are there so many stupid people?)

11.. It takes the food you eat, seven seconds to get from mouth to stomach. (Does it differ on how fast you eat?)

12.. The average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds. (No way!)

13.. Men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair. (That's just strange)

14.. At the moment of conception, you spent about half an hour as a single cell. (Cool)
15.. There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet. (Eww, foot rub anyone?)

16.. Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil. (Bet in menopause that can be beat)

17.. The enamel in your teeth is the hardest substance in your body. (Good to know)

18. Your teeth start developing (in your gums) 6 months before you are born. (OK)

19.. When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate. (Kind of disputes the love in your eye theory huh)

20.. Blonde's have more hair than dark-haired people. (Is there a job for hair counting?)

21.. Your thumb is the same length as your nose.

22.. At this very moment I know full well you are putting this last fact to the test ... now remove your thumb from your nose (You did it -- I KNOW you did !!!!!)


Until Later

Hugs And Kisses

22 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

First...I will pray for your husband..I hope it all goes well. I'm glad they caught it early-but darn--it does get scary dosnt it?

Your list--i thought it was VERY funny on the male sperm--we need to let all the men know that.

Again, I will be praying for him!

Tootsie said...

hope he makes out well. You will be in my prayers.
As for the rest...I loved it! you are very funny....I needed a reason to smile this evening and I am glad I clicked here.
take care friend

Ginger said...

Donna, I'll keep you both in my prayers. I hope everything turns out well.
I just started reading Twilight. I figured I need to get with it...everyone else has read the book or seen the movie.
Love Ya
Ginger

Proud Italian Cook said...

A huge hug to you Donna, and my thoughts are with MA in hopes that everything turns out just fine!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Donna, I will keep Mr. Adventure in my prayers. With the medicine today they can do so much more than ever before. Heart disease runs in my family. It also runs in my husbands. So, I understand where you are coming from. Please.. let us know what's happening as soon as you can. We'll be thinking about both of you. Hugs, Terrie

nikkicrumpet said...

I will be praying for your sweet hubby...I hope all goes well.

I loved your list...the commentary was very funny...and yeah I did the thumb nose thing!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Donna you know I will be praying for your DH and for God to hear your prays and make him well..I wished I was there to pray with you girl!!Loved your list and I needed that Donna..hugs and smiles Gloria

Gone said...

Praying for Mr. Adventure and you, too!

Glad you liked the wedding of the season and the dress!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Lisa (aka) French said...

Well first and foremost I will say my prayers sweet one~~`hubby has the same thing and 2 stents...so I know what that's like! and yes you got me with the finger and the nose I just didn't know I was suppose to measure the outside (lmao) French (hugs and prayers) xoxo

The Muse said...

Great body Facts! Who Knew? Now I have party topics!!! Thank you... :)

On more serious note...all best thoughts, prayers and wishes your way :)

SmilingSally said...

I'll pray for your husband.

My nose is much shorter than my thumb; I guess I'm a freak!

Kathy said...

I have your hubby in my thoughts too Donna.

Amazing facts and yes I was sat there thinking my nose is not that big!.

You both take care okay, hugs, Kathy.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Donna, I am so sorry to hear that your husband has more blockage. I'm praying for you both.

I always wondered why I don't have dreams!
laurie

Bo said...

Donna...prayers are being sent up at this very moment for your Ralph...and you too! Okay, you got me...I did the thumb to nose thing.
♥ B
P.S. Keep us posted, OK?

Anonymous said...

Sure hope all goes well with Ralph today. Let us know as soon as you can. Good Luck, Ralph. Love ya

Love ya,
Chris

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Donna I hope your hubbie gets good news on his stress test, I'll certainly keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

razor blades? now I'll be less picky about what I eat! lol!!

Lin said...

Donna: My thoughts and prayers are with your husband today -- please keep us informed ... love to you both!

Deb said...

Hi Donna, I pray everything goes well at the doctor's today. Loved the human facts and I did do the nose test. Deb

cindy said...

Yes, you caught me! I was putting my thumb up to me nose! Those are great facts! Thanks for sharing. I hope all goes well for Mr. Adventure....I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. ~Cindy~

Bridget said...

Mr Adventure will be in my prayers!
Loved your facts here and either my nose is short or my thumb is long!

Baba said...

Hi Donna, I hope all went well with Ralph today..Our prayers should cover him with peace!!! I enjoyed reading all of the facts you have posted.. Hugs, Baba

bj said...

My hubby has to have stints put in every few years, too. I am just thankful they can do something to help him. I have stints in my legs and have had a lot of surgeries on them, due to poor arteries and blockage...no fun. But...my last surgery seems to be holding up good so I just keep praying.
I will pray for your hubby, too, Donna.

Photobucket

Get your mamogram & check up today... Early detection saved my life....

breast_cancer_survivor

My Awards