★•.•´¯`•.•★Campground Reviews★•.•´¯`•.•★

click above link to visit our campground reviews

Friday, December 26, 2008

~~~Christmas 2008~~~

Well like most of us I survived all of the Christmas festivities... I went over early on the morning of the 24th to help my daughter and watch the boys while she prepared for the next day... We went and finished up the grocery shopping, took the boys for a haircut (YIKES) stopped at Walmart for her to get a few more stocking goodies and then came back to her house.

Here are the boys before & after the haircut pictures... They did not like that at all....

They are so handsome with their new haircuts
As soon as we got back home we put the boys right down for a long winters nap (fingers crossed) and started putting the groceries in nice little piles of what goes with what for each dish we needed to make... For Christmas Eve I made my traditional pot of Chili and crusty french bread for dinner... Ralph came over around 5 to join us and a few neighbors showed up to eat and enjoy the Christmas movie ELF.... No matter how many times we watch that we laugh our heads off... After every one left Denise & I got busy baking and cooking as much as we could... I needed to also prepare my breakfast casserole for the morning too... Denise needed to stuff Christmas stocking and wrap what few presents were left since Frank was on duty at the fire station and wouldn't be home until 8:30 in the morning... With both Denise & Frank working in hospitals and the firehouse this was the first time in 3 years that they were both home on Christmas Day...

I made the famous Lane Cake that Dot @ Picket's Place had given us just before Christmas and I want to tell you all it was the hit of the Christmas dinner desserts.... Every one just LOVED it. You should go visit my good friends blog... she is so much fun to read and as an added bonus you get great recipes that are always delicious... don't forget about the yummy Chicken & Dumplings.... Thank you Dot!

We didn't make it to bed until 1:30 in the morning.... and the next morning came pretty fast.... Luckily the boys didn't get up to early... Frank got home at 8:30 am, Ralph arrived at 9 and the festivities commenced... From that point on the day was a BLUR... LOL LOL We never sat back down until 8 that night.
Here are a few photos from the day...
The picture of the tree and gifts were from very early in the morning before anyone got up and the next couple are of Wyatt & Dominick on the little Scooters that Santa Claus brought them..... then Jacob & Cade (my step grandsons) got the X-Box and Rock Star set for the X-Box... That included a lovely gift that Santa left that had a guitar, a drum set (oh boy) & a microphone.... A rat ta tat tat all day long

Everyone is checking out their stockings that Santa had loaded up to the very tippy top with toys and candy... Of course the adults got a few other really fun things...

Silly Boys ... There is just something about Christmas Day that bring out complete hyper activity.... and a goofyness in the boys

Daddy helping Wyatt with his new semi that carries all of his thousands of matchbox cars... Denise & Frank with the camera that Memaw & Poppy got them....

Silly Nyah wouldn't drop the bone that was in her stocking.... I think she thought the boys would take it...LOL LOL Then there is my brother Uncle Kenny helping the boys on the little electric 3 wheelers that he & Aunt Kathy gave them... They were so cute on them.... Wyatt went round & round for ever but Dominick wanted to find out how they worked.... He needs to play & push all the buttons....
At the end of the day, when everyone was gone it was time to just relax and reflect on the whole day... Oh the peace & quiet.... soon Memaw had left the building and was on the way back to Tassie to recover for a few days....

Thanks you so much for letting me share a small portion of my photos with you. I am so happy that I have met you all and became part of the fabulous new place called Blogland, USA.

Thank you to all of you who have stopped by and visited my Jennifer but Don't forget... If you haven't stopped by yet to visit my little girl who just started blogging.... Please do & welcome her my dear friends to our blogging community... she is

Jennifer @Qtpie's Corner

Until Later

Hugs And Kisses

Happy New Year

23 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Ahhh! Love all your family photos. The boys haircuts are really cute. Looks like a fun time was had by all.
~WOW~ The Lane cake looks soooo good. You did a great job making it! :)

SG said...

Hey! His seat belt should be OVER his shoulder. LOL! I'm a mother of two girls about that age. Those are the things I notice first!

What cute little boys! Oh they're beautiful little soft moppy hair all shorn off. How cute they are!

You have a lot of handsome boys in the bunch! Where are all the ladies? In the kitchen I'm sure. lol.

I'm glad you had such a great holiday. Thanks for sharing the pics. I enjoyed looking at them.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Donna, I loved your Christmas pictures. The boys are so cute. I want to make that cake really soon. Hugs, Terrie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Donna I loved all your family Christmas pictures..WOW!! the presents you had are amazing..you almost could see the floor in there..How was that Lane Cake?? that Sweet P. should can come up with some great recipes..I love your new blog dress girl..hugs and smiles Gloria

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas and the boys are so dang cute with their new haircut. When we were at Christmas dinner, Dot's recipes were the topic, the Orange Cake I guess, is a huge winner. I've got to make it. Di doesn't blog, but she and about 10 people follow our Blogland. it was fun to have the conversation about all our friends.

Love Ya,
Chris

Dawn Marie said...

Great pictures..your grandchildren are adorable. I'm glad you had a great time with your family.

SmilingSally said...

Ah, what a wonderful time it was.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Donna, your grandsons look so grown up with their new haircuts! Looks like a wonderful Christmas. I enjoyed seeing the pictures. laurie

Bo said...

Morning Donna...Wow, Santa delivered a sleigh full of stuff for your family...everybody looks thrilled about it all...I hope you get rested up before New Year's Eve so you can party hardy!
Luv ya, ♥ Bo

cindy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful and busy Christmas! I will have to check out that recipe for the lane cake. Time to rest up for the next holiday...News Years Eve! Got any big plans? ~Cindy~

Kristens Creations said...

Great photos! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. The boys haircuts look really good. Yes, next year I might need some help with those big houses! I might even have more by then! I can't believe it all comes down soon. Ughhhh.... Happy New Year!! Kristen

Ginger said...

Hi Donna:
You sure had a long day on Christmas Eve getting ready for Santa. Cute haircut on the twins...my boys always hated haircuts too.
Thanks for sharing the pictures, enjoyed seeing the family.
Ginger

Sweetie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful photos. I'd like to thank you for your expression of sympathy over the sudden passing of my husband. I should be back to blogging by the middle of next week.
With love,
Sweetie

Bridget said...

happy almost new years! I just popped in to welcome your little girl to blogland. Nice day after Christmas present she got!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS.HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR.MAY IT BRING PEACE,HAPPINESS AND LOVE.MY HUBBY IS DOIN FINE.THE DR.EVEN SAID SO.IT LOOKS YUCKY BUT FEELS SOOO MUCH BETTER.THANK YOU FOR ASKING.YOU ARE SUCH A DOLL.I'M GOING TO TRY THIS RECIPE.THANKS...ANN

Amy said...

Thank You for sharing the family pictures. it shows how special they are to you.

QtPiE said...

Hey momma! Well had a boring day pretty much, nothing could beat yesterday huh, LOL! We had some NASTY weather today, even tornado warnings...The boys hair cuts do look cute, I wish I was there to cuddle them! Lots of love for you and daddy, XXOOXX

Sue said...

Donna it looks like you all had a fabulous fun Christmas! The boys are darling in their new haircuts, (something Amelia desparately needs LOL!) I have really been enjoying the quiet of the past couple days, Monday is fast approaching and Amelia will bring her Elmo and we'll be laughing all day long! Have you seen that Elmo Live? Its the funnest toy I have ever seen, he does so much stuff, well worth the price! Well, don't quite what I'll have to post about but I'll be around, take care sweetie! xo

Sue said...

Darn I proofread and still miss a word, maybe I shouldn't type in the dark! LOL! I don't quite KNOW what I'll have to post about....

Anonymous said...

Evening, Sweetness! Oh, I just love all of your precious Christmas pictures - what fun everyone must have had. Your precious daughter has been to see me and I went back to see her tonight. Donna, she is so pretty and she's gonna love Blogland, isn't she? Oh, I made Dot's cake too and it was marvelous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tootsie said...

thanks for visiting today! Happy New Year girlie!!!!!

david mcmahon said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. We've had family here from interstate and overseas, so it's been great.

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Donna, It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love seeing your family...grandboys opening presents! How fun! I also love the boys new haircuts! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments. It definately is fun having two lil' girls! hugs, Ellen

p.s. I just saw that French Toast casserole recipe. I read it outloud and my company conquers that it sounds good. I think I will make that some time this week. I was going to make French Toast Kabobs.

Photobucket

Get your mamogram & check up today... Early detection saved my life....

breast_cancer_survivor

My Awards