★•.•´¯`•.•★Campground Reviews★•.•´¯`•.•★

click above link to visit our campground reviews

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

~~~Outdoor Wednesday - Big Lagoon State Park~~~


Susan at A Southern Daydreamer is the host of "Outdoor Wednesday". If you are interested in this event....link on the logo picture....and learn about what it is all about. Join the fun.....and visit Susan and all the participants who are sharing "Outdoor Wednesday". You will not be sorry
Thank you Susan!



Welcome to Big Lagoon State Park in
Pensacola, Florida

We visited Big Lagoon State Park last May... Staying there for a little over a week I had hundreds of pictures that I took. I had a hard time selecting ones for this post and I am sorry but since I couldn't make up my mind this post is a big one. It is a beautiful area for relaxing and enjoying the Florida Gulf Coast. There are many things to see and do in this area... The Gulf Islands National Beach, Fort Barrancas, National Naval Aviation Museum located on Pensacola Naval Air Station, Fort Pickens and Perdido Key (Johnson Beach) just to mention a few. The trees in the park were a little bare because of the hurricanes that had gone through in the last couple of years but it was beautiful just the same...

Sit back and enjoy the photos of our campsite,the park, the bird trail and Johnson Beach. The sunsets were fantastic and the waterways were serene & peaceful ...

The Great Florida Bird Trail at Big Lagoon State Park is a great adventure. Here are a few photos of the trail, also some of the birds and wildlife we saw while visiting there.



Once again another beautiful sunset near the lagoon


Just outside Big Lagoon was the beautiful Johnson Beach, where the sand doesn't get any whiter or softer, or the dunes any more spectacular, it is the access point to the seashore at Perdido's east end. The beautiful dunes with stark white sand and the shimmering of the emerald waters bring me to a peaceful place that I so love to be... I could spend many hours just sitting here watching the birds
and the listening to the water.


Big Lagoon State Park is located at 12301 Gulf Beach Highway, approximately 10 miles southwest of Pensacola. Interstate 10 Exit #7 (old Exit #2 - Pensacola), south on Pineforest Road follow signs to Big Lagoon State Park.US Highway 98 to CR 293, south on CR 293 to Big Lagoon State Park.

I know this was a pretty big post but I wanted to share this beautiful place with you all. I so hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as I enjoyed sharing them with you

Until Later

Hugs And Kisses

Sandy Beach

36 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Donna!I am so glad you shared so many pictures of Big Lagoon State Park...they are all beautiful! I might have to add it to our list of places to visit!
Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Wowie Zowie what a gorgeous place to visit and your picutes are wonderful! Happy O.W.

Missy Wertz said...

Nice photos! What a great park to visit. Nice time of year as well. Happy Outdoor Wed.!

Stacey said...

What beautiful white sand beaches! I love the little racoon. Looks like a little begging dog.

Sue said...

What can I say ?these are spectacular pictures.!!! Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Sue said...

What can I say ?these are spectacular pictures.!!! Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Sue said...

What can I say ?these are spectacular pictures.!!! Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Dawn Marie said...

your pictures rock! the raccoon is so cute...and the other animals--well I just love all creatures.

You and hubby are so cute!

Candy said...

Looks like a great place for some R&R. Love the animal pics in the last post...too cute!
Happy Wed, Candy

Anonymous said...

That looks like a really interesting place to visit. What beautiful beaches.

Kathy b

Maryrose said...

What beautiful pictures and what a beautiful place. I can see why you love it. Thanks for sharing, Maryrose

Unknown said...

Fantastic Photos! What a beautiful place... I would love to visit there too!
*~Rainey

xinex said...

That sunset is amazing! Beautiful pictures! We go to Pensacola a lot cause my Fr. in law lives there...Christine

Light and Voices said...

My favorite photograph was of the raccoon. Just too cute. Enjoyed all the wonderful pictures of Big Lagoon State Park. Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Joyce

Kat said...

What spectacular photos! This is such a beautiful area. We have friends that live in Pensacola Beach and just love to visit. Is there anything better than a Gulf sunset? Just beautiful. Kathy

Anonymous said...

We spent our honeymoon at Pensacola Beach, the sand and water is beautiful. We haven't been to Big Lagoon yet, but it's on our to do list. Great pictures.

Love Ya,
Chris

SmilingSally said...

I love those white, sandy beaches! Thanks for sharing.

Kristie R said...

beautiful pictures...that looks like so much fun, I'm ready for spring and summer

cindy said...

Those pictures are amazing! Love the sunset! Have fun on your travels! ~Cindy~

Anonymous said...

What a great place to visit! I want to go... Have a great day!

Picket said...

Wow girl...what a beautiful place to visit..your pics are beautiful..loved seeing all the birds and that raccoon and the beach was so white...just beautiful girl! Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Tardevil said...

Your photos are beautiful! It almost makes me want to go RV-ing!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Your campsite looked spacious. And Big Lagoon looks really beautiful. Have a wonderful trip.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday
from Roberta Anne

♥ Kathy said...

All your pictures were soooo pretty! I love the raccoon sticking his head under the fence and the footprints in the sand :) Happy OW!

Chandy said...

Gorgeous pictures! I'm glad you have those pictures to share today... Have a great Wednesday!

Lori said...

I use to go to Penscola each year for family vactions. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of the beautiful sand. I love all of your photos.

Bridget said...

You got so many pretty pictures. I love the little raccoon! I like that you included the map too!

Lin said...

OH MY GRACIOUS! THESE ARE SOME OF THE MOST AWESOME PHOTOGRAPHS! FROM THE RACCOON TO THE MARSH --- GLOSIOUS -- SIMPLY GLORIOIUS!! I hope your weather is as beautiful as these images! HAVE A BLAST!

JudyBug said...

Love the sunset picture. It should be a magazine cover!


JudyBug

Howard said...

Oh how beautiful!

What a fabulous place to visit. Thank you for sharing...
Cass

Justine said...

I could look at these pictures all day long. What a gorgeous beach area. The water is SO clear, and the sand so soft looking.

Justine :o )

nikkicrumpet said...

Well if all the pictures were as gorgeous as these I can see why you had a hard time narrowing down which ones to use. I loved them!

Ginger said...

Beautiful pictures...I wish I was there right now!!!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Beautiful pictures. We used to go to Perdido Key every summer. This made me miss it. laurie

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Oh how I miss the beach....I live there in Pensacola for about a year(1982)lonnng time ago. I forgot how white the sand is....The Big lagoon State Park is beautiful.,peaceful and a wonderful place to go for a vacation. your sunsets is gorgeous...Thanks for sharing...Have a wonderful weekends..kathy

Susan @ SGCC said...

Pensacola is such a beautiful place! I've only been there twice, but if it were a little closer, I'd go a lot more often!

Photobucket

Get your mamogram & check up today... Early detection saved my life....

breast_cancer_survivor

My Awards