★•.•´¯`•.•★Campground Reviews★•.•´¯`•.•★

click above link to visit our campground reviews

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Very impressive corporate responsibility

I received this in an email and wanted to pass it on to all of you...

Christmas shopping this year

I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year? How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty. Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department: I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is,the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.
This is their answer to my e-mail:
Dear Customer: Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

On another note tonight in the western sky you can see Venice, Mars & the moon align to make a HAPPY FACE... I am not sure what time & I am still looking for that information.. will update when I find it....
Until Later
Hugs And Kisses
Eagle

26 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I just checked this out on snopes.com and it's TRUE! Thanks.

Lisa (aka) French said...

I will make a point of going there just because of what I have just read.....truly a reminder of what corporations SHOULD be doing;) Hugs French

Melissa Miller said...

I had heard about this too. Sounds like Sears is the way to go. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll be doing my part. In fact, I'm going to send an email to Sears thanking them.

Love Ya,
Chris

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear some positive news about a corporation. Luckily, my husband and I did shop at Sears on Black Friday. My son collects the Christmas Story village and we were able to pick up several pieces and they were on sale.

I'll be sure to shop there again this holiday season.

Bridget said...

: ) Sears!

I hope the sky is clear enough for me to see the : )...should be!!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Donna...I got this email also the other day is't that wonderful what Sears does?? Great post dear friend..have a good day..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Tootsie said...

this is so good to hear. I had not heard of this...I wonder if Sears in Canada does the same for our troops?

ksarra said...

Hi Donna, thanks for the info on Sears. How nice to see an employer going above and beyond what they are required to do. Thanks also for stopping in to visit, you are ALWAYS welcome!!!

Ginger said...

Hi Donna:
Good post. Glad to read that a corporation is doing something great. We don't have a regular Sears store, just a small store that has appliances. I bought my new vacumn from there.
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Hey there Darling Donna,

I will be certain to make a purchase at Sears during the Hoilday Season.

It's so strange how the best companies get ignored and forgotten! I will also pass the word!

xoxoxoxoxo
Donna Marie

Justine said...

Wow, that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I rarely if ever shop at Sears, but that makes it worth it, eh?

And I had to LOL at your "venice" instead of Venus. I was thinking, "Hey, Donna thinks we can see clear to Italy tonight!" LOL

Justine :o )

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Donna, Oops! My husband helped me and we linked the cookie recipe to the word "recipe" on my post. Sorry for the confusion. They are worth making! You will love them. We're still eating the delicious mandarin orange salad as well. We made WAY to much food for just the two of us on Thanksgiving. LOL!
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Dawn Marie said...

OHH thank you for posting this! I'm so happy, I did buy from Sears this weekend and now I will do even more. I LOVE supporting any business that takes care of its people or workers or our country!

That is sooo neat to see!

nikkicrumpet said...

Well thats a VERY good reason to shop in Sears. I'm impressed with their generosity to their employees!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Donna, I loved your post. I happen to like Sears, anyway. Now, I have one more reason to shop there.
Hugs, Terrie

Stacey said...

Wow that's great information. I will definitely remember this.

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Donna you know I'd love to shop there if I could! lol!!

I love this info though!

bj said...

I checked this out on my favorite Truth or Fiction and it is true.
OK, now, I am going to buy kids pj's at SEARS this year!! Thanks so much for the tip...I didn't know this.
Happy day, love, bj

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweetest of all Donnas! How wonderful Sears is doing this! I'll go there and buy some Christmas just because of their wonderfulness. Have a wonderful day, my friend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Bo said...

Hi Donna...isn't it great to know this about Sears! YOUR orange jello salad was a huge hit...I was asked for the recipe by several...
BTW, my computer is sooo sick...I've got to try to find somebody to fix it...so if I'm missing in action, you'll know why...I'm using my DH's acc't. to post this...Oh the misery! ;-) Bo

Picket said...

Morning girl! I have always shopped Sears...gotta have a Craftsman tool! lol This is a new week started girl and a new month...hope you had a great Thanksgiving....love the new Christmas decor over here...have a great day sweetie!

Picket said...

Me again girl...I just saw where you came by and visited me..girl please tell me you didn't take offense to what I said about me posting my family pics at this time...You know I love seeing and showing family pics..that's what we do here in blogland...share our lives....I just meant I wasn't in a mind frame for that with my post this morning what with all I have on my heart right now..but girl..it would crush me if you took that the wrong way...you see how I am with my pics plastered all over my side bar! lol I am sorry if that cause you any reason for pause girl.

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Donna, Did you get the cookie recipe? I can still email you if it didn't work. You're the sweetest lady ever. Thanks for saying the same about me on a comment...:) It's very much appreciated. ~Melissa :)

Deb said...

Hi Donna! Thanks for that info. It's been a long time since I've shopped at Sears but I will be sure to make a purchase during this holiday. Deb

Unknown said...

Thanks for this info; I am passing it on to everyone in my address book.

Photobucket

Get your mamogram & check up today... Early detection saved my life....

breast_cancer_survivor

My Awards