★•.•´¯`•.•★Campground Reviews★•.•´¯`•.•★

click above link to visit our campground reviews

Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 3 in Washington DC

Here we go with day 3 of our time here in DC ~ We are just about exhausting ourselves with all the walking we are doing and believe me no matter how prepared you are it's a lot!  Like I said before wear comfy shoes and drink lots of water!

<>
"The Castle"


Carousal across the street in the park
Our time today was spent at two museums and just walking around and taking in the sites.  Believe me that took up all of our day.  The first one we visited was the Smithsonian Castle.  With over a dozen Smithsonian Museums in Washington DC, one of the most interesting is the Castle. The Smithsonian Castle houses the Smithsonian Information Center and administrative offices but was once the original museum. There is a cute cafe in it and the architecture is by far the most interesting and it is just gorgeous.  The Castle has spectacular gardens and across the street there is an old fashion carousal..

The Castle is an architect delight ~ an amazing building!

Museum of Natural History
After "The Castle" we were off to the National Museum of Natural History ~ all I can say is WOW. We saw dinosaurs, minerals, rocks, animals, the the largest diamond "The Hope Diamond" & mummies. It took us all day to see both of these museums because we read everything and try to see everything ~ lol lol. Three days into DC and we are tiring out... so much to see & do and like I said before you would need a month to do it all. So we have picked & chose what we wanted to see the most.
Night in the Museum

I could only think about the movie Night in the Museum... Did you see it?  Where the animals and displays came to life at night after hours.  It was in my mind all the time we were there.
Well once again because I feel the need to share with you my photos of inside the museum I am making another slide show for your enjoyment.  I sure hope I am not boring you to death with all my photos!



Have Fun, Travel Safe & Stay Healthy!!!

7 comments:

Karen and Al said...

It does sound exhausting, but also like so much fun.

Will have to view the slideshow later as I have a very slow connection right now.

Sue and Doug said...

sure seems like you and Ralph are 'walking' your way north!..enjoy the capital and all the sights and sounds!

Travels with Emma said...

Have had a little trouble accessing your site. Don't know what's up with that. Washington DC is a fantastic place to visit. I found it a very emotional experience each and every time I've been there.

Jim and Sandie said...

I am having so much fun following along with you and reliving my old memories.

I'm with Judy - I have a lot of trouble getting your blog to pull up. Everybody comes right up but yours takes me four or five tries.

Rick said...

I've really enjoyed your ongoing tours of Washington. There are so many wonderful and historical sites to visit. I'd love to see it in person but for now your pics and stories are the next best thing.

Margie and Roger said...

Your photos aren't boring. Yep, there us a lot of walking but it's worthwhile.

Hootin Anni said...

I've been here.....it's one AWESOME city!!!! In fact, that very same elephant...I took a photo of my father at the very same spot!!!

Photobucket

Get your mamogram & check up today... Early detection saved my life....

breast_cancer_survivor

My Awards