★•.•´¯`•.•★Campground Reviews★•.•´¯`•.•★

click above link to visit our campground reviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

'Twas the month after Christmas

'Twas the month after Christmas...

T'was the month after Christmas, and all through the house
nothing would fit me, not even a blouse;
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I had to taste,
at the holiday parties had gone to my waist;


When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber),
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared,
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared;

The wine and the rum balls; the bread and the cheese,
and the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt,
and prepared once again to do battle with dirt,
I said to myself, as only I can,
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"


So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
'til all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore,
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

author unknown ~ stolen from Anni


Have Fun, Travel Safe & Stay Healthy!!!

17 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

Wow! you just wrote my story!! it made me laugh but oh how true. Happy New year,
Betty and Joe

Jeff said...

What a great poem---and so true too! Thanks for sharing.

Elaine said...

lol cute one...love it..and so true thanks for sharing..we are here for a month...hopefully we catch up :)

Donna K said...

Oh boy...does that ever sound like me! Thanks for sharing - I got a good laugh out of it.

HarveyScott said...

Thanks to sharing a nice post. Here give a nice poem. That's really amazing for given a enjoyment.

BBQ Gifts for Christmas

Carole Burant said...

LOL I love that poem and it's so true, isn't it! hehe With all the goodies I ate over the holidays, I'm just lucky I only gained back 2 pounds of the 27 I'd lost...now it's back to being good!! Not as much fun but oh well:-) All the best in the new year, my friend. xoxox

Happytrails said...

What a great after Christmas poem/story. I think it goes for jsut about all of us. I got a really god smile from reading your blog today! Thanks!!

Sue and Doug said...

thanks for the smile today Donna!!..very funny poem and oh so true for most after a 'filling Christmas'!!

Janna and Mike said...

We feel your pain--we too are dieting after all the king cake, fudge, cookies, etc we ate during the Christmas season.

Karen and Al said...

OH, how true!

Jessica Riker said...

hahaha That is great! And thank goodness I only gained a couple pounds during the holidays, but yes it is time to get back to real life!!

Unknown said...

Too funny! This is the first year I didn't gain weight at Christmas - Amazon even took some off.

Rick said...

Diet! Probably the most disliked word in the English language - or any language for that matter.

Happytrails said...

That is too cute!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh, Donna, how did you know you were talking about me? Lots of truth to this little ditty! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Margie and Roger said...

Yep, that's my sad story too only I can't seem to quit eating. Darn, I wish Carolyn and I had stopped to see you when we drove over to the Gulf. There will be a next time though.

TravelingLongdogs said...

An absolutely hilarious post both the poem and the pictures. Loved it!

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com

Photobucket

Get your mamogram & check up today... Early detection saved my life....

breast_cancer_survivor

My Awards